Custodian - full time
Seeking full-time custodian to perform general housekeeping and facilities maintenance duties at a busy community center in Oak Lawn. Position will maintain building in a tidy and orderly condition.
- Clean and maintain supply inventory at designated building. Activities include: dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, floor buffing, restroom cleaning, window cleaning, changing air filters and cleaning HVAC vents, replacing light bulbs and trash pickup around facility. Other similar tasks may be added as necessary.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Perform heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify supervisor of occurring deficiencies or repair needs
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Communicate with other staff and record maintenance requests
- Follow health and safety regulations
- Able to lift 50 pounds;
- Comfortable on ladders and step stools;
- Ability to handle heavy equipment (e.g. floor buffers);
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies;
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets;
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Monday-Friday, but flexible for occasional weekends if needed.
Full-time position. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is provided.
Valid driverâ€™s license and access to reliable transportation required.
Position reports to: Facility Manager
Position open until filled.
Follow instructions on this page to apply for this position.
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Career Level: Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
- Job type: Full time
- Department: Facilities